Robot shape sorter
CROCHET PATTERN (PDF) Robot shape sorter, NOT the finished toy.
Toddlers playing with crochet educational toys will discover many new things, develop fine motor skills and sensory abilities.
Crocheted toys according to my patterns are safe even for little ones: they are soft and there are no small parts in them.
Language: English, Russian
The pattern is written in English (US-terms)
Materials and tools for crocheting:
- 4-ply yarn* (amounts are approximate**):
– main color (light blue) – 1 skein
– milky color – 1 skein
– orange – 1 skein
– gray (for shapes) – 1 skein
*I used YarnArt Jeans (55% cotton + 45% Acrylic), 174 yards (160m), 1.76 ounces (50 g): Colors: grey (80), milky (03), orange (23), light blue(75). **Yarn consumption can increase up to 1.5 times when crocheting with yarn over (YO) way.
- Hook size 2 mm. Use a hook less than the yarn manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Black thread for eyes and mouth embroidery.
- Needle for sewing on details, scissors, thin needle for eyes embroidery, sewing pins. Stitch markers (optional)
- Polyester stuffing.
- Thin cord (rope) or soft tube with a diameter of 4 mm, for the edges on the sides of the robot’s body. The length is about 3-3.5 meters. (For example, I use a tube from an Infusion set, sold in pharmacies, about 3 pieces are needed for a robot). If you are crocheting less tightly or with a different yarn, you may need a different cord diameter.
The finished toy is approximately 18.5 cm (sitting).
Pattern details :
PDF file of 45 pages with detailed instructions, over 270 photos, and 22 short supporting videos. ⠀
Basic crochet skills required: magic ring, chain, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, front post single crochet, increase, decrease, back loop only crochet, front loops only crochet.
Gallery of finished toys: by tag on Instagram #robotzenknit